Welcome to The Law Office of Young, Jakobe & Kuhl, LLC
With offices conveniently located in both Lee’s Summit, Missouri and Leawood, Kansas, the Law Office of Young, Jakobe & Kuhl, LLC, is a law firm dedicated to the practice of Family Law. Our attorneys represent people in matters such as Dissolution of Marriage Actions (Divorce), Paternity, Modification of Custody (Visitation and Support), Name Change, and Step-Parent Adoption. We also provide mediation services, can engage in the collaborative law approach, and also serve as Guardians ad Litem. Our divorce lawyers have represented members of the greater Kansas City community on both sides of the state line, including those in Lee’s Summit, Blue Springs, Harrisonville, Independence, Kansas City, Greenwood, Oak Grove, Grain Valley, Raytown, Belton, Raymore, Peculiar, Pleasant Hill, Odessa, Lexington, Platte City, Liberty, Leawood, Overland Park, Lenexa, Prairie Village, Shawnee, and Mission, as well as many more surrounding areas near Jackson, Cass, Clay, Platte, Lafayette, and Ray Counties in Missouri, as well as near Johnson County, Kansas.
About Our Family Law Firm
The Law Office of Young, Jakobe & Kuhl, LLC, was established in 1992 and has been providing services to the greater Kansas City area ever since. With offices in Lee’s Summit, Missouri and Leawood, Kansas, the firm’s family and divorce attorneys have practiced in Jackson, Clay, Cass, Lafayette and Platte County, Missouri as well as Johnson County, Kansas.
With over fifty-three years of combined legal experience, the firm’s Kansas City divorce attorneys, skilled in both litigation and negotiation, handle matters from the most complicated to the most straightforward. Known for its compassion and amiability, as well as its zealousness and tenacity when faced with acrimonious cases, the firm has developed a strong presence in the greater Kansas City legal community.
James H. Young
Founder & Attorney, Licensed in Missouri and Kansas
Michelle E. Jakobe
Attorney, Licensed in Missouri and Kansas
Abraham D. Kuhl
Attorney, Licensed in Missouri
Jared T. Frick
Attorney, Licensed in Missouri
- CLICK HERE for a radio interview of James H. Young, managing partner of the Law Office of Young, Jakobe & Kuhl, LLC, discussing family law issues
- CLICK HERE to listen to a podcast of James H. Young discussing Missouri Child Custody
- CLICK HERE to view a powerpoint presentation about our firm
- CLICK HERE and/or CLICK HERE to listen to our advertisements on 810 Sports Radio
- CLICK HERE to see the latest KCTV5 exclusive story on Financial Infidelity, featuring Abraham D. Kuhl
- CLICK HERE to view the Kansas City Business Journal’s “Best of the Bar” List, featuring divorce lawyer Abraham D. Kuhl, a 2014 and 2015 recipient
- CLICK HERE to listen to Steve Sleeper interview Abraham D. Kuhl on this week’s episode of “Ask the Expert”
- CLICK HERE to listen to Jared T. Frick speak of the importance of communicating effectively and trial advocacy
- PUBLIC RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT: Congratulations Jared T. Frick on passing the 2015 Missouri Bar Exam!
- PUBLIC RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT: Congratulations Abraham D. Kuhl on being named a recipient of the Missouri Lawyer’s Weekly 2015 “Up & Coming” Award!
- PUBLIC RELEASE ANNOUNCEMENT: Best Lawyers congratulates the Law Office of Young, Jakobe & Kuhl, LLC on being included in the 22nd Edition of The Best Lawyers in America for the areas of Family Law and Family Law Mediation! CLICK HERE to view the Best Lawyers website.
"I am honored to be part of a firm that is dedicated to the practice of family law."
“As a family lawyer, you need a good pool of experts to surround yourself with. We’ve developed professional relationships with accountants, valuation experts, and therapists.”
“We’ve grown because the demand for our services has grown. The firm has been successful for many years because we always do the best job we can.”
“It’s a humbling experience to practice family law. There are many fine lawyers out there. Knowing this makes you do your best every day.”
"Our firm is dedicated to the practice of family law, and we take great pride in helping our clients through perhaps the most difficult challenges they will ever encounter.”
"I knew I wanted to help people and have been fortunate to work with such great attorneys as Jim Young, Michelle Jakobe, and Jared Frick who share the same passion and values that I do."
Divorce Articles – Recommended by our Family & Divorce Attorneys
Get advice and information from experts to help you with the legal, financial and emotional aspects of your Missouri divorce:
- CLICK HERE to read articles that will help you throughout your separation and divorce.
- Complimentary copies of Divorce Magazine and our Divorce Guide are available at our office. Divorce Magazine and Divorce Guide provide individuals and families who are going through the transition of separation and divorce with information, support, and guidance.
- CLICK HERE to read an article by Kansas City divorce lawyer Abraham D. Kuhl published in the Independence Examiner’s “How To” series titled, “How to: Choose a Reputable Divorce Attorney.”
- CLICK HERE to read a bulletin about Kansas City divorce lawyer Abraham D. Kuhl being honored as a recipient of the 2015 Missouri Lawyers Weekly “Up & Coming” Award.
- CLICK HERE to read an article by Kansas City divorce lawyer Abraham D. Kuhl published in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers titled, “Family Law Online: The Impact of the Internet.”
- CLICK HERE to read an article by Kansas City divorce lawyer Abraham D. Kuhl published in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers titled, “Post-Majority Educational Support for Children in the Twenty-First Century.”